Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Blast From the Past


I had an interesting time at Veberod tonight.

 Mark Lindblom came in to buy some burs. I shook his hand and told him I met him 36 years ago! After graduating from college I moved to Southeast Minneapolis and frequented the shops in Dinkytown. I remember the jewelry I had Mark make (he did ALL the work in his shop back then), and remembered his modest beginnings, "Lindblom's Jewelry". He said I would be amazed at what that has grown into, and that I should visit his new location in Wayzata. I will definately do that soon!

About 35 years ago, Jen Herro gave me a gift of a beautiful pear-shaped garnet, so I had it set into a ring. Here is the ring Mark made for me in 1977 or so, when the price of gold was about $140.35 an ounce. That was back when I wasn't making much money. Jewelry was always a priority evidently!











No comments:

Post a Comment