Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Improve and Enhance

I am fond of some of my original thoughts about jewelry. They are designs that are part of me and will continue - either in their original form, or the beginning of another. A few of these will not change, as they are now a separate and complete entity - Vining Leaf, Keepsake Heart, and Ingots are a few of these designs.

Moving forward will mean integrating some of the techniques I presently use, combining them to make new and unique pieces.

Watch for flush set stones combined with surface decoration such as acid etching and hand engraving. Discovering new themes for pendants and earrings will be my path this fall, pulling in a touch of color. Presently, I am sparked by lessons in the elementary art classroom - Aboriginal artwork, tessellations, and abstract compositions. I think it's time to start a new sketchbook! 

No comments:

Post a Comment