Friday, February 20, 2009

Twigs

I don't know if it's strange or not to name my jewelry pieces, but it is one way to identify them.  The other day someone was talking about my botanical pendants, and I just wasn't sure which pieces until we agreed they were the "Botanical Ingots".

So, I am beginning to make chains.  My goal is to come up with 10 original designs - including variations on a theme.  Here is my first one named "Twigs".  The pieces inside the rings have quite a bit of movement, and look like they should simply slide out.  But because of how they are connected to each other, they can't... a bit of an optical illusion.  I guess this bracelet will be worn for beauty and interest, not necessarily for comfort.  It reminds me of wearing my coral twig necklaces...a definite commitment to form and color, not necessarily comfort!  My next chain will be a variation on this theme, without so much poke!  I am presently working with sterling wire, so I will need to figure out how to end the twigs... until I experiment with fine silver wire. I will be putting this on my website, with matching earrings.

No comments:

Post a Comment