Friday, February 13, 2009

Components

I am interested in making chains.  The problems with chains - the challenges of making chains - have to do with how they move and function in space.  It is sometimes difficult for me to design a three dimensional object... to visualize how it will move.  An additional variable is how something will drape and lay on the body.

For now, as I sketch and make aesthetic decisions, I am thinking of links as components.  Each component can be a link, or a series of  links.  I'm thinking that if the components work well and move well together, then multiples of them will also work.  That is how I am approaching this problem - challenge. 

My challenge will be to design and make chains that are comfortable and beautiful...that have a flow of movement, are strong, and have good proportions - either as necklaces or bracelets.  I am thinking of botanical themes... 

No comments:

Post a Comment