Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sunday at the Studio!


Nothing much more fun than Friday at the studio...except maybe a Sunday - when we are all working.  Nice.  I am focused on figuring out PNP paper and photo transfer.  I think my main problem is making sure that the silver is super clean and slightly rough to accept the transfer.  I am interested in making an angel pendant...have wanted to for a long time.  I think that the etched figure is the way to go.  However, the practice piece I made (for myself to test-drive) may not look like an angel unless you have that idea to begin with.  Luckily, I have several other images that I will work with, hoping to come up with a suitable layout.  This image was taken at the Recoleta Cemetary in Buenos Aires.  I love this image, and thought it would work well with the photo transfer...already a
silhouette. However, some of the sections of the sculpture don't make sense (in silhouette).   So, mine is an angel, and I am sticking with that.  I am also interested in pursuing the "fixed chain" pendant - a design that I call a "tag".  These pieces are less formal in approach and young.  While the angel is a photo transfer, the other tags I have etched started out as simple sketches...a fun format for me to work with.  The tag's fixed chain is putsy to make because I insist on soldering all of my jump rings for sturdiness - it is well worth it.  So, I will continue to pursue the angel tag with a different and clear angel image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment