Saturday, January 17, 2009

Getting Real

Last June I felt it was important to sit down and figure out what I wanted to accomplish at my bench.  In doing so, I came up with a list of things that I felt were important to me - a list of what I believe jewelry should and can be:
Jewelry should be easy to wear, compliment the body, have a deeper significance beyond the first glance, should be loved by it's wearer.  Jewelry can reflect personal ideas through design or symbols, can be (and certainly is) influenced by history or current climate, can be worn 24/7 - even in the shower!.  Jewelry does not have to be made by using a difficult technique.  Handcrafted jewelry should be unique, well made, have a signature, be sought after, and last an eternity - be enduring.

No comments:

Post a Comment