Friday, January 9, 2009

My First Piece of Jewelry...

For as long as I can remember, I have loved jewelry... looking at it, wearing it, buying it, and now making it. I believe the the best part of jewelry is the significance behind it.

This silver pin was given to me by my Grandmother when I was 4 years old.  I walked around her house with it and lost it. I was crushed.  We hunted all over for it, and finally found it stepped into the inside doormat of the porch... it had become bent and twisted, but I still loved it.  I value it because of this story and, most importantly, because my Grandmother had given it to ME. 

My Father bought me jewelry, especially items that he knew I had seen and made comments about.  When traveling I buy jewelry... and I get to remember my trips every time I wear it.

Both my Grandmother and Mother loved and collected jewelry, and shared that love and appreciation of it with me.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Pat,
    I love the hiSTORY you gave of your appreciation and passion for jewelry. I believe our stories bring more color and demension to our lives.
    Your friend,
    Kathyi

    ReplyDelete