Monday, December 24, 2012

Sentimental Jewelry

Whether I'm in my tent at an art fair, behind the counter at Veberod, or selling out of my studio, when dealing with a father looking for a gift for his daughter, I am in the selling groove.

My Dad knew how much I loved jewelry. When traveling, he listened and watched me, often purchasing things for me along the way. Some purchases were surprises, opened up after returning home.

While the jewelry is a 'thing', it represents how thought-full and interested my Dad was in me... interested in my interests. Jewelry is a really great father-daughter connection. We both shared a love of beautiful things and I am sure that's where I got my love and respect for the decorative arts. He was a detail, precision and craftsmanship man.

 Here is a gold rope chain I opened up one Christmas morning. When I burst into tears, he knew he made a fine choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment